Friday, March 4, 2016

New Music: Meghan Trainor "No" Review


Meghan Trainor is back with new music FINALLY. So the song is called "NO" from her upcoming solo album "Thank You". With a new album you may have noticed the blondie is now a redhead. Anyway though I'm here to review the "All About That Bass" hitmaker's new song.
First things first the song is freakin' amazing. Yes it is. I mean its so different from the doo-wop vibe her last album had. Once again she pulls pieces from back in the day and adds her unique style and sass to the song but it is more hip hop than 50s doo-wop like her last album. It has a soul feel, but has like a hip hop flare to it. I loved that she showcased more of her pipe power and her rap skills. The lyrics themselves are once again a female empowerment moment from her yet again just in time too for women history month.
“It’s a big anthem for ladies about telling a dude, ‘Nah, I’m good—I’m out here on my own, and I’m good with it’. The scene is me in a club, and the dude comes up to me and I go, ‘No no no. I don’t need your hands all over me. I’m good. I’m gonna dance on my own with my girl".
If her album sounds anything like this lead single I will definitely be buying a copy. I rate the song 4.5-stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment